Do you have spots on your silverware, sinks, and shower door? Is your skin dry and itchy? Are your clothes gray and worn-looking? If so, it's time to think about installing a soft-water system.
Many of us are aware of the positive effects soft water has on our skin and our hair. But, there are many other benefits to using soft water. With softer water, your clothes last longer, your plumbing has a longer lifespan, and your house is easier to clean. You may even see a decrease in your water bill with soft water. Taking all of these into consideration, a water softening system actually saves you money over time.
How does a water softener work?
All water contains minerals. The most common are calcium and magnesium, which find their way into groundwater through dissolved limestone or other rock, and into municipal waterways through metal pipes. These minerals are what make water "hard." These dissolved solids cause buildup on your dishes, your pipes, your appliances, and even your body.
A soft-water system uses a scientific process known as ion exchange to remove calcium and magnesium and replace them with sodium ions. "Soft water" means there is very little calcium in the water.
Do I need a water softener?
There are a few things we help you consider when deciding whether or not to install a water softener in your home:
High-Efficiency (HE) Appliances
If you have HE appliances in your home, a water softener will extend their life and improve their ability to clean.
Our skin is our body's largest organ. It's important to care for our skin, and hard water can do a great deal of damage to it. If you suffer from dry skin, a water softener can make a difference by preventing mineral buildup, and by allowing your body's natural oils to remain in place.
Well or Water
Well water often requires softening to improve quality, but municipal water can also be greatly improved by installing a water softener. More than 80 percent of the homes in the U.S. have hard water flowing through their taps. Here in the valley we have extremely hard water.
Reasons to choose Camcor for your Water Softener repair or replacement:
- We guarantee fast, honest service with well-trained professionals
- Discover what our customers say about our service: Read our reviews
- We are licensed, bonded, and insured
- We have an A+ rating with the BBB
- Honest, up-front pricing — we never "add on," or charge for estimates
- We want you to make informed decisions; we will educate you about your water softener and the benefits it provides
- We will never offer "today only" pricing and do not engage in high-pressure sales
- Please call us today for answers to your questions and to discuss your options and pricing
- You are happy to see a plumber when you need one, we want you to be happy when we're gone